Keeping Yourself Safe On-Line During the Corona Virus
At Preston Manor School we take on-line safety concerns very seriously. You will be at home communicating online more than ever before with your teachers planning online lessons for the weeks ahead. It is therefore well worth reminding you to keep yourself safe on-line.
- Keep your login details private and safe, do not share them with anybody
- Do not accept invites from people you do not know and do not arrange to meet anybody you have only met on-line unless you speak with your parents to tell them where you are going. During this time however you should be keeping your distance from others as is advised by the Government.
- When on-line do not write or post anything that you would not wish your parents to see. If it’s not positive then don’t post it!
- Do not post any indecent (sexualised) images of yourself and do not forward to others images you may receive.
- Remember everything you post can be traced back to your computer and will remain out there for others to see forever!
- Block and Report any on-line abuse you receive to your parents, or your teachers via email, or CEOP (see link below). We are here to help you at all times.
- REMEMBER YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ON-LINE BEHAVIOUR EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT IN SCHOOL. THE SCHOOL WILL TAKE ACTION IF IT IS REPORTED YOU HAVE ACTED INAPPROPRIATELY AS IS STATED IN THE STUDENT ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY WHICH YOU HAVE SIGNED.