Free School Meals
Preston Manor Upper School
Children in secondary schools could be eligible for free school meals if their parents receive any of the following types of benefit:
- Universal Credit – if your annual net earned income is no more than £7,400 (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re also not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for the Working Tax Credit.
Young people who receive income support or income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
Children must go to a Brent primary school, secondary school, Sixth Form or nursery attached to a Brent school where they attend for a full day (sessions before and after lunch). All children in households with no recourse to public funds are entitled to Free School Meals, subject to maximum income thresholds.
For further information please visit: www.brent.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals